Test Lead, Permanent Job, Isle of Man
A life assurance organisation requires a Test Lead to plan and deliver testing services for the business and its projects. Configuring new systems and services to perform as specified, you will ensure that any quality risks associated with deployment are covered.
You will manage testing projects and, as such, your duties will include:
- Taking test lead role for project/BAU deliveries, planning test activities, setting clear expectations and allocating work to the assigned testers and monitoring progress
- Acting as quality advocate for projects/BAU work, helping to ensure that adequate time is allowed for testing and an acceptable level of coverage is achieved
- Undertaking design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations
- Performing static testing of project documentation to improve quality of requirements and design
- Providing test estimates (both ROM and firm) to help ensure work is sized accurately and planning is on the correct basis
- Providing regular progress reports (verbal and/or written as needed) to QA Manager, project managers and senior managers
- Pro-actively identifying and escalating issues that impact testing, providing suggestions for mitigation
To thrive in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience in a similar software testing role, leading testing & managing resources
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Analytical Thinking: Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity to begin working for a reputable company. In return for your expertise, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Central Douglas working location
Get new jobs for this search by email